Fire Breaks Out In Ahmedabad
Friday afternoon turned into something painful and non-forgettable for 7 people, after a major fire broke out in Ahmedabad in a building on the Gota-Jagatpura Road.
The victims of the Ahmedabad fire were seriously injured as they were caught unawares by the fire. The fire reportedly started on the 5th floor of an eleven storey resicdence complex, by the name of Genesis Tower. This further spread to the 6th floor, according to what Chief Fire Officer MF Dastoor said.
“People residing on the floors above the fifth one got stranded as smoke filled the stairway. It was a difficult operation, but we rescued seven persons, who suffered injuries in the incident. Another 35 people managed to come out of the building on their own,” Dastoor added.
The seven people injured were shifted to a nearby hospital. “The fire, which is suspected to have been triggered by a short-circuit, has been brought under control,” He further said.