Privacy – like eating and breathing – is one of life’s basic requirements.
– By Shakeel Anjum
Cyber security consultant Shakeel Anjum has given some ways to avoid social media cybercrimes:
- Do not share your passwords and personal information with anyone
- Do not accept friend request of any unknown person, always talk to those you know.
- Do not put all your information on social media, it makes it easier for hackers or criminals.
- Always enter strong passwords, don’t use very simple passwords like your birthday, name or phone number.
- Always create a password by combining numbers and symbols.
- Inform your loved ones about these crimes. Try that if they become a victim of any kind of cybercrime, then they can feel free to share it with you.
- Keep your software updated, this will make it difficult for hackers to hack your account.
- Do not download anything from any unknown website. Because this can cause virus to your device.
- Do not go to any unknown link.
- Pay attention to every activity on your account.
- Whenever you feel that there is some suspicious process going on in your account, report it immediately.
- Logout your computer and laptop if you are not using it.
- Do not use any public Wi-Fi, this makes it easy for hackers to hack your account.