Main Causes of Cyber Crime
Nowadays there are many types of cyber crime like Hacking, Cyber Stalking, Cyber Terrorism, Identity Theft and many more .Some main Causes of Cyber Crime . It’s an easy way to make big money and they usually attack big industries. some of the causes are:
Easy to access – As we know most of the industries do not pay serious attention to their computer security systems, and this is what hackers are looking for.
Capacity to store data in comparatively small space – Computer can store large amount of data, So hackers can easy use it for their own profits.
Negligence – With this cyber-criminal get help to access and control over the computer system.
Cyber criminals is always an easy way to make huge money. Their target is basically rich people/organizations like banks, casinos and financial firms where a huge amount of money flows daily and hack sensitive information. However, catching such criminals are difficult. Hence, this increases the number of crimes across the world. Computers are vulnerable, so laws are required to protect and safeguard them against cyber criminals.
Cyber crime is committed for many different reasons, such as:
• Financial incentive (e.g., Ransomware campaign intended to gain cryptocurrency)
• Hacktivism (e.g., DDoS attacks meant to punish a financial institution)
• Harassment/Vigilantism (e.g., Message board members disclose embarrassing personal information about someone with whom they disagree—also known as doxing)
• Geopolitics (e.g., A virus developed to monitor or sabotage an adversarial nation’s systems)
• Corporate espionage (e.g., Hacking conducted to obtain a competitor’s proprietary data)
• Mischief (e.g., A hacker breaks into a government website just to prove their abilities)
SO, these are some main Causes of Cyber Crime
Article By Siddhi Dinesh Shivtarkar
Editing By Mahima Gupta
4 thoughts on “Main Causes of Cyber Crime”
Not only rich people a normal person can also come in the clutches of the cyber criminals. So to save yourself from their attack one should have proper security in his or her online stuff like bank accounts, profiles on social media etc. everyone should be careful that no one can destroy their privacy in any way.
Always avoid sharing information about your personal life and never share your passwords and account details to anybody. Publishing data about your private life should be avoided. These precautions can help you from such crimes.
This article gives accurate information about causes of cyber crime. Never share your personal details with anyone.