Minimum age according to Whats App 16 + is the Whats App’s minimum age. What do you think is the right age for this app?Whats App is an instant messaging app which lets you send messages, images and videos in one to one and group chats with your contacts. You can choose to share your live location for up to eight hours with one contact or a group.
What do children and young people dislike about it?
2% of the children and young people who reviewed Whats App thought it was unsafe. The main things they told us they don’t like about Whats App were:
- Group chats can be used to bully people
- It can be addictive
- You can’t report messages
What do children and young people like about it?
The main things that children and young people told us they like about Whats App were:
- It’s an easy way to message friends and family
- You can block people
- It’s free to message over WiFi or using mobile data.
- Groups allow you to chat to lots of people at once.
- Start a conversation with your child about Whats App
- Having open, regular conversations with your child will enable you to really understand and explore the online world together, helping you to keep them safe online. Our tips and advice can help you start having these conversations.
It is yet not possible to block a group on Whats App. So, what you can do is two things, either block a group admin and thereafter you won’t be added by them or you can go to change the settings for restricting the invitations for Group Chats.
To block an admin, follow the given instructions-
- Open Whats App, go to the Group Chat you need to block admin for.
- Click on the group info which is the Group name.
- Now on this page, you can view who is the group admin, so click on its Number.
- It will open a dialogue box which says “Message the number” tap on it.
- Now a fresh page will open up and you can see on top of it “Block”.
- Block the Admin and thus you won’t get any more requests from them.
It works for the numbers which are not added in your contact list.
This was a step to take once you have been added to the group, now what you are about to learn is how to keep people from adding you in the first place.
This requires your WhatsApp to be updated, so please complete the update first. Please follow the steps below-
- Open Whats App, go to “Settings”.
- Head to “Account”.
- Go to Privacy and Security.
- Here you can see “Groups”, tap on it.
- Now you can see who can add you on groups and by default, “Everyone” is selected.
- You have to now choose between “Nobody” for restricting everyone from adding you to any groups. And “My Contacts” to restrict anyone who is not in your contact list from adding you in a group chat. And click on “Done” once you have made your choice.
- Although in both these scenarios, you will be sent an invite in your personal chat box. This link expires automatically in 72 hours so if you want to ignore it, you can. Also if you want to accept the invitation from anyone you can click on the “Join Group”.
- This will prompt a message showing details of the group, like the name of the group and other participants, so it helps you in deciding whether you want to be a part of it or not.
- You can choose now to Join or to cancel the request.
You can’t deny the importance of this great new feature, let’s find out how this is applied. You are now aware of how to control who is permitted to add you to groups in Whats App.
Article By – Harshita C. Jadhav