Unlike any other crimes, Cyber crime need little to no investment and basically the easiest way to accomplish everything from money to documents. And the sense being unidentified makes them more secure which is partially true. One more advantage is that it allows criminal to operate from remote places. With every advanced features being added , so does the security is being pushed to threat.
1. In most the cases money is the motivation, since stealing is easy than working hard.
2. Sometimes the crimes are caused due to emotions and vendettas.
( jealousy, hatred, grudge)
3. When it is about financial companies and banks, the hack will been planned before ahead in order to steal the money or valuables without any traces as internet is the best way compared to other risk where the identity can be exposed simultaneously .
4. Though the computers are highly protected they are still vulnerable for the insertion of virus, they are made up of codes and this isn’t a problem to overcome unlike humans who are blessed with thinking capabilities.
5. The data that a computer can save has a limit and use of external devices to save files is much appropriate, while these external devices doesn’t need much time to be carried away by others when it contains important aspects.
6. Negligence is also a part contributing to cyber crime, being to blurred about the scenario is not proper way of dealing with increasing cyber crimes.
7. Increasing issues with national security has been quite a concern recently. Terrorists are mainly concerned on hacking private information of the country for the sake of cruel benefits.
So these are the causes of Cyber Crime. Though crime includes unlawful act sometimes it’s possible for young generation to breach others privacy for sake of fun. May be trying the new tech that the kid learnt online out of curiosity, and is trying to show case it for mere happiness. We know it is still not acceptable but as the time passes the interest should also be concerned with law. Let’s be responsible about our and other’s privacy and help everyone understand law and cyber crime.
Research By Lakshmi, Cyber Law Intern
Editing By Mahima Gupta