The methodology of these fraudsters of carrying out this cybercrime is as follows-
- A fake attractive profile in the matrimonial site.
- The fraudster lures the victim with pretence of being in love.
- Promises to send costly and attractive gifts
- Requests to transfer money due to some emergency
- Disappears after drawing money from the account.
Please be careful of fraud through matrimonial sites. If there is any request for transfer of money, please verify the factual details of the person. Do not transfer money without contacting him/her personally.
Fraud in the name of jobs.
- The victim gives his biodata for job on Naukri.com or other such sites.
- The fraudsters contact on phones in the name of giving jobs and interview the victim on phone itself.
- The fraudsters ask for money from the victims in the name of registration.
- The victims are promised Letter of Appointment from well-known companies.
- They again demand money towards Consultation fee without payment of which offer letter is denied.
- On receipt of payment, the fraudsters disappear.
Please be careful of phone calls offering jobs. If anyone offers jobs and there is involvement of transfer of money, please verify the factual details of the person.
Do not transfer money without contacting him/her personally. It can be a fraudster on the other side.
- The victim gets a phone call from a bank.
- The fraudster wants the victim of blocking his ATM card/account and asks him for his ATM card number
The fraudster takes all details.
- He transacts money and disappears.
Please be careful of fraudsters who contact you on phone for OTP. If anyone says that he is calling from your bank and asks for ATM number and other details, please do not disclose any information and personally go to the bank and contact them. It could be a fraudster from the other side.