Laws are made to punish the wrong and let others know the worse possibility if they involve in any criminal activity. But it’s said that prevention is better than cure. So then law is not the best way to deal with cyber crime. Do you think Are laws enough to prevent and reduce the cybercrime?
Every time someone privacy is pubic, whether its punished or not can’t compensate for the loss. While hurting someone online with fake account and their disturbed mind can’t be stabilized with a mere fine or 2 years of prison for culprit. Having a thought of being watched and targeted can’t be resolved easily. Each and every person lost money from online fraud has not only lost his money but his complete account details and if not conscious he might end up losing other savings too. There are few cases where the important data has been leaked, finally the hacker has also been found and locked up but what about the information that’s leaked online? Can law make everyone who saw that to forget it ?
An undeniable fact , laws are made to secure its citizens right and protect them from harmful or antisocial actions. At the same time , depending on law to protect the privacy may not be fruitful. People need to consider the privacy and protection as an asset and keep proper security with few tips before being an easy prey.
• Never ignore online stalking, make sure to file a complaint as soon as u find someone is trying to cause harm.
• Accept only the friend requests from the people u know in person .
• While using net banking make sure you are on the right site .
• Having an antivirus software in your system is a better option.
• Prefer to go through only legitimate emails rather than checking all the scam emails
• Use strong passwords and changing them regularly for few months would be much safe
• Don’t have the same password for all the accounts , because if one is hacked then cracking other will be easier
Are now laws enough to prevent and reduce the cybercrime?
Research by Lakshmi, Cyber Law Intern
Editing By Mahima Gupta