There are some easy questions, first think what are your answers. If we could think and understand their answers then we’d never become prey to cyber crime
– Do we start talking to anyone walking on the road ? No, then why do we talk to strangers on Facebook, messenger, Instagram or WhatsApp. Don’t talk to strangers on social media.
– Do we become friend to someone without knowing them ? No, then why do we keep our photographs public on social media? Always keep your photographs private so that no one uses it.
– Of someone calls us and say that they are a bank manager or some celebrity, do we believe them ? No, then why do we believe to anyone on call. Therefore , don’t trust a person on call.
– Do we ever use a weak lock for our home security? No, then why so we keep weak password on bank account and social media account ? The way in which simple locks have twin lock, double lock technology the same way every account has 2-step verification, capital small letter, number, special character etc.
-Do we take things from strangers or keep unclaimed baggage with us, take it home or open it ? No, then why do you open links send by strangers on social media. Before clicking or opening a link , do be aware of the consequences.
– Do we give money to strangers without ever meeting them ? No, then why do we send money through e-wallet or bank account to unknown on purchasing of a phone or transport. If someone met us on website (OLX/Quicker) the don’t send money to any account or e-wallet.
– Do we agree anyone’s talks easily? No, then how do we forward any news we read on social media .
– Do we buy material from any shopkeeper at cheap rate without inspection? No, then why do we do shopping online from untrustworthy websites at low prices? Do shopping only from trusted websites, don’t use your ATM cards on unsecured websites.
– Do we read old newspapers which don’t contain new news ? No, then why don’t we update apps in our phones regularly? Do keep your apps updated.
– A message on which ‘ OTP – Do not share with anyone’ is written, do we share with anyone ? No, then don’t tell the number written in this message to anyone.